Friday, July 13, 2012

Compromise

I changed it and now I'm trying not to be angry at myself. A plot point that I was proud of myself for writing, I have changed. I know that it will be helpful into the third book and I will be able to do a subplot now, but I'm sort of disappointed. However, before it was changes I wasn't thrilled either. So I guess this is for the best. YOU WILL BE HAPPY NOW SARAH!!!

I have also started writing more of the solid content of book two. I hope it will be completed by the end of the month and ready for me to go back in and fill things in. That is what seems to work best for me.

In book 1, I wrote the first, seventh and last chapter first and filled in-between them. I worked wonderfully. I had to adjust the previously written chapters as content came, but it fit together. I don't think that I can just write the book front to back, it's not how it works for me. I seem to get the majority of my writing done when my family is asleep or busy doing other things. I have tried to write at Starbucks in the past, but I always seem to get distracted by other conversations going on around me.

Drowning out side noise with music helps direct the characters, which is dangerous for Ella in her relationship with Jude. (Poor Ella or is poor Jude - you'll have to decide!)

No comments:

Post a Comment