Sunday, July 15, 2012

Soundtrack in my head

So people ask what influenced the books. That is easy. I was sick with a really bad cold (that actually eventually turned into pneumonia), had been working 55-60 hour work weeks, had been attacked at work and had gone out drinking with some of the guys from work = nightmares. So parts of the first and second book were a sequence of dreams in January of 2012 (more the first than the second). Now I am filling in the wonderful story of Ella, Jude and Naomi.

While writing, I have problems with distractions. Which unfortunately means that I can't watch my favorite shows or movies while writing. I get lost in their plots instead of my own. BUT, I love listening to music while I write and think of what is coming next. So here is book 2's soundtrack at the current time.

1. Somebody that I use to know - Gotye (the cover is also good)
2. We are young - FUN
3. Shake it out & Heavy in your arms - Florence and the Machine
4. Breathe me - Sia
5. Leave the memories alone - Fuel
6. Hey ya - Obadiah Parker
7. I need a hero - Andrew Spencer
8. LA song - Christian Kane
9. Hurt - Jonny Cash
10. Adele's entire 21
11. My entire DMB collection (which is extensive)
12. Of Monsters and Men entire My head is an animal

There are more but these are the ones that get played A LOT.

No comments:

Post a Comment