Sunday, July 8, 2012

Updates

Good afternoon all. This is the first of hopefully many posts with updates about the manuscript(s). Currently, what will eventually be book 1, is in the able hands of my editor, Lindsey Alexander. I'll have it back later this month. This may sound like, once it back from the editor, it would be time to move on with publishing, but sadly no. This will be more like the middle of the process. After the changes have been made, more writing will occur, then followed by more editing. You see how this process occurs. Then agent and publishing (if I'm lucky).

One of the many concerns, if that they few people who have read the manuscript in the entirety (4 minus the editor) say they love it.  But is it "American Idol good", meaning the 3 people that have read it are close family or friends. Are they saying they like it because it is really good or  because they like me and don't want to hurt my feelings? Like the people that try out for American Idol and during the pre-interview have this long list of people that have told them what great singer they are, when they finally get onto stage, they find out they are horrible. I prefer honest. It saves feelings in the long run, along with time and money.

The positive thing: That my significant other, wouldn't let me spend the money or the time moving forward with this project if it was horrible.

No comments:

Post a Comment