Tuesday, July 17, 2012

Exhaustion

As much as I talk about the rush I get from writing, some days I'm just tired. Tired from the job that pays the bills. I do love my other job, not as much as I love writing, but love it none the less. However, it sucks up a lot of time and energy. Some days I come home and just want to go to sleep and ignore the world.

I had a couple of hours to write and I found my self re-reading what I had already written and correcting that. I was able to clarify some things and add on information that needed to be in the book, but no new progress. I still have at least half of book two to write. I was wanting to have it mostly completed by the end of the month and I'm not sure that will happen now. I have no firm time frame that it has to be done, no deadlines waiting. I guess that is a good thing, less stress involved in the process.

I have also started to wonder if I should just combine all the books, into one longer book (maybe with some editing down), instead of 3 books on the shorter side. Just something that I've started to think about. I guess we will have to see how things pan out.

Getting more anxious about this friday (getting the first book back from the editor) or, since she is mailing it to me, when I will actually get to see it and talk with her about the changes. I don't wait well, so I'm concerned I will crawl out of my skin in the mean time (figuratively of course). Also starting to wonder about the job of shopping for a publisher.

I have several people on Twitter that I follow that talk about self-publishing. That sounds dandy and all, because then it defiantly gets published, but then I am responsible for my own publicity. I don't know how to do publicity. I know how to do my job (medical field) and how to write. If I knew how to do publicity, I would be a publicist. I want someone else to do that so that I can do my job.

I don't want to be famous, rich would be nice, but I know that likelihood that that will happen is slim to none. I would love to make enough money to cover the editing costs and any other costs that I have accrued so far, and would love to make enough to buy myself a cup of coffee at Starbucks. A victory cup of coffee.  I actually don't want any attention, just to hear the people are enjoying reading my blog and my books. That is why I write under a pen name. People paying too much attention to me could cause problems at my job and upset my 'quiet' family life. I guess it comes with the territory. If you get one, it is a package deal, and you get it all. Oh well. I am putting the chart miles ahead of the horse.

ONE STEP AT A TIME!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment